Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Eddie Albert and the Amazing Animal Gang

 By Paul O'Grady

Junior Fiction   

Reviewed by Shirl from the Winkler Branch

    Eddie Albert is a 10 year old boy that can talk to animals.  He does not let on that he understands when animals talk to him and this makes everyone think he is odd. Especially when he starts to tell a mouse how to get to the furnace room at school. Eddie is sent to stay with his eccentric aunt in Amsterdam and discovers that she can also talk to animals.

    While in Amsterdam, Eddie and his friend discover that animals are being kidnapped from the local zoo.  He and his gang of animal friends decide to try and rescue an orangutan that they hear has been kidnapped.

    I enjoyed this book because I would love to be able to communicate with animals.  It reminded me of Dr. Dolittle, which is one of my favorite books/movies.  This book had a slow start and I wasn't sure it would be interesting, but it turned out I couldn't put it down until I was finished. 

To place this book on hold, click here.

1 comment:

The Future

  The Manitou Book Club discusses The Future By Catherine Leroux 2024 Canada Reads Winner Adult Fiction     No short paragraph would describ...